Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP update

Last month I wrote about my plans for knitting on my honeymoon. I thought I'd bring two sock projects and a shawl - in the end, I didn't even bring the yarn for the shawl. The two sock projects are going well, however.

First up are my yellowy-orange fish socks.

Photobucket
The ubiquitous Pomatomus by Cookie A. - I'm really enjoying the pattern so far, though I know if I stop paying attention I will easily cause a disaster. I am about to start turning the heel on these, and so far I haven't made any mods.

Next, some boring boring man socks. (Not socks for a boring man, though!)

Photobucket
The yarn is actually dark green. I intended to make Mr Pitt's Socks by Kaitlyn Wong for my husband (husband!). These are a close approximation. Amidst my frustration at having to restart several times, I completely ignored the pattern which begins with 2x2 rib for the cuff, and did 1x1 instead. This isn't a weird mod or anything, but it's strange for me since I'm not a fan of how 1x1 rib looks when I knit it, so I don't usually do it without being asked! (Yes, I should really try out combined knitting which may fix my problem - maybe some day I'll get around to that, but today is not that day.) Anyway, not a big deal, but just a little bemusement from me.

More WIPs at Tami's Amis!

6 comments:

  1. Pomatomus looks amazing, I love that colourway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish socks look great, the pattern shows up really well with that yarn.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those fish socks are so pretty! And you're knitting two socks at a time? That must be so challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pairs look fantastic! I love the orange socks the best though they are so vibrant. I hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very sweet of you to knit your new husband a pair of socks. I have been married to mine for 16 years and he's still waiting! Your Pomatomus is looking fabulous. Love the orange and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks look like they will be amazing!! Love the yellow

    ReplyDelete