A while back I showed a wedding-craft teaser, trying to be enigmatic about its possible purpose:
I thought I'd be able to show proper pictures of the finished product in wedding context, but as it turns out nobody took any pictures of our i-cord table numbers. So here's one out of context. It got a bit bent out of shape when someone shoved it in a box post-wedding, but you get the idea.
We made 6. DH measured, cut, and twisted the wire (incidently, the same green garden wire we used to make our Christmas tree.) I did the i-cord out of some leftover Cascade 220. Teamwork! Yay! I don't recommend this wedding craft, really, unless you have a knitting spool/loom large enough for the yarn you want to use. My knitting spool is a bit small for worsted weight, so I just did plain i-cord manually, and it got a bit tedious. Still, I'm happy with how they turned out.
And we didn't stop there! Haha. We also made our initials to go on top of the cake. This time I used thinner yarn, and it was much faster - the letters are pretty small compared to the numbers.
Cake in context:
I think we managed to represent our shared love of making stuff pretty well.
Happy Friday, everyone! Go see some more FOs at Tami's Blog.