Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

bikers, baking, sundry

I just wrote a long rant about my inability to find/get a job, but it turned out super whiny, so instead I'll just say I am at the whiny stage of my January job search. Now have some pictures of baking.

Look, I made rolls:

Photobucket

My dude prefers rolls to regular bread for some reason I can't understand, so I've been trying out recipes and techniques. I'm no longer afraid of baking with yeast, although it's still very mysterious to me. I'm learning a lot.

For this batch I used this basic rolls recipe by the Hairy Bikers - we don't have a tv and I've never been a devotee of food television, but I must say it sounds like an excellent premise for a cooking show. Chefs who are bikers and also hairy? Woot.

Anyway, I've made these before and didn't get any photos, but this time I ran out of white flour so I used mostly whole wheat.

Photobucket

As a result, these turned out really dense. I happen to like really hearty bread, but I wouldn't recommend doing what I did if you only like soft, fluffy bread. To be honest, I'm not sure they were worth the effort: kneading for 25 minutes? Man. I guess it is good to get an arm workout any way I can.

1 comment:

  1. I want to try making bread by hand I have a bread maker but its picky lol. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete