Pages

Friday, January 08, 2010

Holiday FOs, continued

I knit a few more gifts this winter, and now I can show them off!

Mousie, by Ysolda Teague

Photobucket
Here he is in his natural habitat, surrounded by lemon henchmen. His name is Horatio Nelson, according to my boyfriend.

This is my first project from Ysolda's first Whimsical Little Knits book, since I'm slow. (Ishbel is next, predictably). I adore the result, although I didn't enjoy how fiddly some of the knitting was. The ears, augh! Nonetheless, it's so cute I'll probably make it again at the first opportunity. Errata came out for this pattern after I had completed it, but it seemed to work the way I did it.

Next up is Cowl'd and Frosty Morning by Kelly Herdrich, which I made for my brother.

Photobucket

My first Malabrigo project, in Malabrigo Chunky. Awesome experience, will buy again.

Last gift is another cowl, this one for my dad.

Photobucket
I have been calling it "Camel tease," since the yarn is Debbie Bliss Fez: extra fine merino with a touch of camel. Using the stitch pattern from Norah Gaughan's Asymmetrical Cardigan, I knit a tube until I ran out of yarn. I'm pretty pleased with the result, and I have visions of experimenting with stitch patterns on many more cowls, now.

Ultimately, this year's gift knitting experience wasn't too stressful, though I rushed at my mom's Quincy to get it finished before I jetted off. Will I do it again next year? Maybe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment