Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Luna Viridis

For the first time in a long time, I have a new exciting WIP on a Wednesday!

I have the beginnings of a delightful cowlette on the needles right now.

 photo IMG_8213_zps8odv02oh.jpg

Luna Viridis, by Hilary Smith Callis is fun so far. I've never made a cowlette - a cowl that mimics the shape of a shawlette wrapped around the neck. It seems like it will be very wearable, but we'll have to see when I'm finished.

The yarn is Sweet Georgia Cashluxe Fine, which is Merino/Cashmere/Nylon and possibly the softest thing I've ever knit with. This is my fourth project using my stash match yarn, and so far I think it was the right choice. It's more of a gently-variegated than a semi-solid colourway, if that makes any sense, but I think it'll work. I've only just started on the textured portion, but slipped stitches and tonal variation are usually friends.

Linking up to Stitch Along Wednesday this week.

7 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure what you meant, so had to check out the pattern. I think it is a similar idea to the Zuzu's Petals that I am working on....it is a beautiful color...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see how yours turns out! I have another one of her patterns, but haven't tried it yet! Cashlux sounds AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such an interesting pattern. I love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious yarn you're working with. That design is pretty. I wonder if made longer it'd stand up more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is looking so lovely! I love that it looks like a shawlette but has the ease of wearing a cowl. I have some yarn set aside to knit Adama by the same designer.

    ReplyDelete