Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Generosity and inspiration

I'm in a bit of a rut knittingwise and otherwise right now, but at least on the knitting front I have some exciting things to bring me out of it.

Today I received a very generous gift as a "random act of kindness" from a raveler in the UK RAK group.

Photobucket

Alpaca yarn, destined to become several pairs of colourwork mittens over the next few months.

Photobucket

So soft and lovely. The mixture of neutrals and colours is perfect. I can't wait to cast-on.

Photobucket

I borrowed some stitch dictionaries from the library. I love browsing stitch patterns, even if I don't have any reason to use them. They are inspiring and engage my imagination.

Photobucket

How do you get your enthusiasm back?

3 comments:

  1. Ravelry thats how I always get my enthusiasm back lol
    Then it usually gets out of control and I have a gazillion patterns floating around in my head.... but its totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your rut. I have just barely busted through one myself. For me, finishing a few things that only had a little work left and starting a new small project I'm really excited about did the trick. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your rut is on it way to ending. I go through bouts of startitis & then comes ugh there is nothing I want to knit.

    I love that lace & eyelets book I picked it up from the library once & really need to go out & buy it.

    ReplyDelete