Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Resolved

January is the time for resolutions, and although I've been using my 101 in 1001 list over the past year and a bit instead of making resolutions, I still have informal resolution-type thoughts bouncing around in my head. Some of these have to do with specific 101 in 1001 goals, but others are more generic.

I want to continue challenging myself in my knitting, and try some new techniques. I'm thinking maybe it's time to try double-knitting and/or intarsia, if I can manage it. My 101 in 1001 list has lots of knitting related goals that I'll be happy to work through, but I might update it to include a double-knitting goal. We'll see.

The first 5 items of my Ravelry queue are things that I possess yarn and patterns for: I'm declaring a pattern-buying and yarn-buying freeze for the next while to see if I can work with what I've got. After Vivian I only feel drawn to small accessory projects, so I think a break from long-haul projects is in order.

I want to get more exercise (obviously. Most unoriginal resolution ever). Since I no longer have a broken toe, I can actually do that this semester, so I'm going to hold myself to it. Maybe take a yoga class (#70) like I've been meaning to.

I want to tackle some of the forgotten items on my 101 in 1001 list, and maybe replace some of the ones that I no longer have any desire to accomplish.

Specifically, I would like to spend more time trying new recipes (#92), since that kind of fell by the wayside last year.

There are a few items on my list that I definitely expect to cross off in the next 6 or 7 months, as a matter of course. These include #101 - Get a Masters degree, #48 - Get appropriate visa to work abroad in England, and it's mate #49 - Move to England semi-permanently. Perhaps #47 - Get a steady job won't be far behind? Ha. Exciting times, my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment