Pages

Thursday, January 08, 2009

knitting of 2008

I mused about putting on every item I'd knit in 2008 simultaneously for a silly photo, but time slipped away and now I'm in London without a camera (gasp! but what's a blog without copious photos!), and anyway some of the things I knit were gifts, so I no longer have them. So, a bit late, and a bit overdone, but here is a compilation of what I knit in 2008.

Photobucket

My first sweater (Cozy V-Neck Pullover by Stefanie Japel), my first colourwork (Endpaper mitts by Eunny Jang), first serious cables (Gretel by Ysolda Teague), and my first lace (Tiger Eyes lace scarf by Toni Maddox). Among other things. I think it is safe to say I did more knitting this year than in my whole life, and I certainly tried things I hadn't done before. Success?

This year I want to do more of the above: more cables, more lace, more colourwork... I don't have any specific goals, but I want to challenge myself further (blah blah blah). I also want to make more socks out of real sock yarn, since as of yet my sock experiences have been fun but slightly silly in their non-superwash glory. Hurray!

0 comments:

Post a Comment