Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A lesson in superwash

In December/January I knit some socks for my mom - my first pair of socks, Monkeys out of some vintage fingering-weight wool I got for cheap at Lewiscraft when they were closing out. Not superwash. I knew this was a bad idea for socks, but as time wore on and the socks held up with gentle washings I thought it wasn't such a big deal after all.

So I made myself some ankle socks out of the same yarn in a different colour. Aaaaand the heels felted after I wore them twice. I guess I'm rougher on my socks than my mom is.

I have more of this same kind of yarn, but all sock plans are on hold until I acquire some suitable sock yarn. Hahaha. More to the point, I need to figure out what to make with a few scattered skeins of non-superwash fingering weight yarn, since I'm currently anti-stash.

Candidates include "Spin me right round baby" slouchy hat,though I'm still not sure if I can wear slouchy berets.

In the meantime, more iris:

Iris, June 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment