Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

What what

Hey blogosphere, what's up? We've had an eventful few months. My wee bean turned one, I went back to work part-time, we took a trip to Canada, and I actually knit some things! I've been more active on instagram lately, since it doesn't involved as much typing/thinking, so go check it out if you like: @goodenoughknits.

Let's talk about the knitting.

A post shared by Leah W (@goodenoughknits) on


Pattern: Pendragon Socks by Erica Lueder
Yarn: Bog-standard Regia
Mods: Cast-on 64 stitches to accommodate gauge. Accidentally changed cable pattern on the foot due to lack of attention - eh, it's fine.
Notes: I made these for my mum since I promised her socks last year but never managed to make any. (I blame baby.)

A post shared by Leah W (@goodenoughknits) on


Pattern: Umbel by Andrea Halasi
Yarn: Easyknits Deeply Wicked in Queenie
Mods: Twisted stitches for the motifs, regular lace bind-off instead of picots.
Notes: This is yarn I bought several EYFs ago, and I'm so happy I've been able to use it. It's gorgeous and rich - I already have plans to use the leftovers as an accent colour in something else.

And an un-hibernated WIP!

A post shared by Leah W (@goodenoughknits) on


Pattern: Cattails by Melissa Schaschwary
Yarn: Rowan Creative Linen
Notes: This is the first time I've worked with linen and I really like it! I don't find cotton hard on my hands, generally, and this cotton-linen blend is just fine. The cotton probably softens the linen considerably. I'm still curious to try 100% linen some time. I'm pleased with my progress on this, although I may end up with a finished summer cardigan in the middle of winter. #slowknitterproblems. I'm currently fighting with the hem because either I'm a dumbass or the pattern is unclear or a combination of both. After ripping it out twice, I'm about to start a third time and I think I know what I'm doing now. (Other than this blip the rest of the pattern has been very simple and clear to work from.)

I've fallen woefully behind on blog reading, since I have spent months at a time mostly accessing the internet from my phone. First because baby would only nap in my lap, then because the only free moments I had were when he was nursing. I did get a blog reader app, but I forgot I had it and got overwhelmed with all I had missed... So anyway, what's been up with you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment