Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Baby FOs: Gidday and Zigging

Time for an FO round-up! First, the last FO of 2015.

 photo 8aeb58c8-be5d-4da5-b233-92f5e348ad69_zpsfmxumt3z.jpg

Pattern: Gidday Baby by Georgie Hallam

Yarn: Rico Design Essentials Cotton DK

Mods: Added more button holes, attempted to close YOs in yoke with knitting through back loop, though some of them still show.

Notes: Super cute, super quick knit. I enjoyed making this. I made the 3 month size, with an awareness that babies (like bigger folk) don't necessarily comply with size standards, so I hope it fits at some point in a relevant season. Cotton yarn was my choice because this baby is due in spring... but spring in a place that doesn't get particularly warm, so cardigans are useful year-round. And, surprise surprise: it's teal. My husband teases me about my love for teal and when he saw this he joked that this baby is going to be dressed exactly like me. So I told him I'd make something green and black to match him.

This next one is green on green, though. First FO of 2016!

 photo IMG_9206_zpshjlavmub.jpg

Pattern: Zigging by Sarah Ronchetti

Yarn: Easyknits Deeply Wicked and Old Maiden Aunt Merino Superwash 4 ply

Mods: Big ol' pom-pom!

 photo IMG_9207_zpsmqu8id9g.jpg

Notes: Not much to say about this one. Pretty quick, and got me back into the rhythm of colourwork since I haven't done any in a while. I have some colourwork things for myself I want to make soon, so I had better start them before my hands forget how to hold one colour in each hand.

4 comments:

  1. That hat is SO green, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific baby finishes. My tween loves teal and it is a color that always catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inside of the hat is sooo neat - it looks amazing!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cardigan! I love teal as well. Cardigans are great layering options for babies. Love the green on green action going on in the hat. The pompom just adds to the cute factor.

    ReplyDelete