Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

New WIP: Arya mitts

I've made a start on the Arya Mitts by Patti Waters. This is another project towards my Stash Match.

 photo IMG_9001b_zpsqxtwwenh.jpg

I'm glad that I'm finally using this yarn because it is beautiful. This yarn was a gift in a swap from several years ago. It's Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. Very pretty in the skein, but as I was winding it I fell in love with the colours even more. It's subtly variegated in blues, greens, and purples - I thought it might be too busy for this cable pattern at first, but I think it will work okay. The twisted-stitch cables are surprisingly intuitive!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour and really suits the cables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mitts are lovely! And the yarn is perfect with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn a couple of times and I loved knitting with it. Those colours are beautiful, your socks will be really fancy when they're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely colourway. It makes me think of a forest in full bloom by a lake. These mitts will be a great addition to your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is gorgeous and really works well in the pattern because of all of the bold stitches. Perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you continuing to knit those Stash Match projects. The yarn is lovely and playing really beautifully with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete