Like everything else, other than maybe shelving books, my hexipuff output has slowed over the last few weeks. I have three lonely puffs to show off today, and they are all made of Zauberball that Pinkundine sent me.
Yes, I know I had an informal rule about only doing two puffs from each yarn... I've broken that rule a few times now, especially with long colour-repeat yarns. A hexipuff is small enough that with Zauberball each one turns out a different colour! Nearly. The pictures don't show it very well, but one of the puffs here is very orange, one is brilliant red, and the other is a lovely sunset gradient from red to fuschia. (I ran out of yarn, so I finished the puff with some other pink yarn I had around, but I think it works okay.) I have more Zauberball for puffs, so there will be purple ones coming as well.
Zauberball is a bit thin for hexipuffs with my gauge, so some of the stuffing shows through a bit. I find this is the case with some of the other yarns I've been using as well. Interestingly, when I used up some different Zauberball in a puff a while back, it was even thinner, so I doubled it, which didn't seem necessary here... I know there can be lots of variation in thickness within one skein, but there seems to be variation between skeins as well.