Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wool on Wednesday

I got an exciting package in the post today.

Photobucket

Six balls of Troon Tweed, by Texere Yarns.

Photobucket

I plan to make Idlewood, by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. This is reckless queue rearranging on my part. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it right away, and that tweed was imperative. I'm not even sure if this kind of tunic suits me, but I love it as is, and don't even have plans to make longer sleeves. We'll see how it turns out; hopefully no heartbreak in this corner!

The yarn is pretty in a neutral brown-gray sort of way. I don't have anything this colour yet, and I'm trying to branch out. It's slightly rough on the ball, but hopefully not too scratchy. Can't wait to swatch... Anyone else out there tried Troon Tweed and have any input?

0 comments:

Post a Comment