Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pocket memory

It was too warm for a winter coat the other day, but too cold for no coat at all, so I put on my raincoat to keep out the wind.

Reaching into my pocket, I found a worn little seashell.

Photobucket

I guess I haven't worn my raincoat in a while, the last time being when I was in England over Christmas. I picked up this little fragment on a beach somewhere between Brixham and Torquay. Though it was a bit grim and gray, it was a fun walk.
Here are some photos from that day in January.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Staring down at unreal-coloured seawater.

Photobucket
Wondering who lived here, perched high on the hill overlooking the sea.

Photobucket
Fishing from the edge.

Happy memories, all because of a shell forgotten in a pocket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment