Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grad school mantras

I took today to sleep in, knit, read, (go to class) and generally not worry about the next paper, since I scrambled and stressed (for it feels like weeks, but probably not) to hand in a big one yesterday evening. Lately I find myself justifying indulgences with the phrase "I deserve X because I'm stressed out and working really hard." Usually X is something food/junk/laziness related because apparently that's how I roll. Why my internal monologue doesn't steer me in the direction of the gym is anyone's guess. Anyway, it's become a mantra of sorts; a mantra of indulgence? Clearly a misuse of the term, but anyway.

Indulgence usually leads to guilt because, again, that's how I roll, but I'm totally guiltfree about today's "slacking" - Look at my progess on Vivian and THEN tell me I'm a slacker ;)

Photobucket

Past the waist-shaping now, and I still love every minute of it. I think constant practice is making my cables a little more even, or at least I hope so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment