Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2009

FO: Tempting II

Tempting II

Pattern: Tempting II by Jenna Adorno

Yarn: Berroco Comfort
Mods:
-long sleeves roughly following emcglone's instructions
-two more decrease rounds at the neck
-knit neckband picking up stitches in both directions every 5 or so rows, hedging between the pattern as written and how many people have modified it.

Photobucket

Please excuse the requisite dirty mirror shot. My self-timer and I are having a disagreement. I can't seem to get it to focus on me when I use it, since I have to press the shutter before I'm in place, so it focuses on something else. Any suggestions?

I am so glad to be finished this. I started it in November and planned to have it done by December. Woops. That said, if I was a proper perfectionist I'd rip out the neck again (for a fourth time) and redo it so it doesn't look so weird. The extra decreases I did left an oddly textured bit that is clearly visible in the photos. I'll wear it anyway, though. It's pretty cozy for an entirely synthetic fibre.

Photobucket

Speaking of which, this was a major experiment for me. I'd like to say I only use natural fibre yarn, but in reality I often find myself using blends of natural and synthetic fibre. Rarely do I use something entirely synthetic, but it was the colour more than anything else that attracted me to this yarn. The yarn shop I went to doesn't have a massive selection, but they have a whole wall of this stuff, and the range of colours seduced me. This sort of deep teal (despite the photos, it is in fact slightly green) is probably my favourite colour of the moment. I have no idea how this will wear, though I have read good things about it.

2 comments: