Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

FO: Tiger Eye lace scarf

IMG_1635

Pattern: Tiger Eyes lace scarf by Toni M. Maddox

Rambling: I knit the whole thing straight rather than knitting two halves and grafting them together. I knit 31 lace repeats, and it was 58 inches long before blocking. It grew a lot, as expected, and ended up 71 inches long. Stretched out across my basement this seemed excessive, but wrapped around my neck it is perfect.

IMG_1640

I made a typical novice error and screwed up the garter edging a little - I thought I was being clever by working a slipped stitch edging, but I didn't add any stitches, so the garter edging is a little narrower than it is supposed to be. Nothing too disastrous, however; the edge just folds under the lace if provoked. I can deal.

The yarn (random vintage wool) is just slightly scratchier than I prefer to have next to my neck, but I think I'll still wear this. Anyway, it's a fall scarf so I probably won't be wearing it with a tank top like I was today.

Now to Liesl!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I have been making the same mistake with the garter stitch edging. With this one I keep forgetting to do the edge at all - So I decided to learn to picot and do picots all along the edge! That'll learn me to forget!

    Looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete