Pages

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

FOs for the men: part 1

Next gift on the list: socks for my dad.

Photobucket
(pictured on my dad's feet)

 
Pattern: Mr. Pitt's Socks by Kaitlyn Wong

Yarn: Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Socka Mit Bambou, light gray overdyed with various combinations of Wiltons icing dyes.

Mods: I cast on 72 stitches instead of 80, since 80 seemed huge and my dad's feet are not wide. It seems to be the right width. I did these two at a time - if I hadn't, I would have gone mad with boredom. This is not the most thrilling pattern - k3, p1 all the way through - but it serves its purpose for plain socks.

Photobucket

The photos I took before sending them show the colour a little better, but not much: just imagine it is a very subtle semi-solid purplish gray.

Photobucket

From what I can tell, the reaction was positive... but I won't promise anymore manly socks to my family again right away! I'm sick of ribbing. (Ask me again in November and I might have a different answer).

1 comment:

  1. I really like the subtle variegation in the yarn from the over-dying. They look great!

    ReplyDelete